Thursday 28 January 2016



Landscape and light


The English light, so brilliantly captured by the great Romanticist painters - from Turner on - is something I revel in and even seven years on, I cannot help but stop and photograph what I see, everywhere I go - much to the annoyance of my family.


The other morning, I looked out the bathroom window just before dawn and had a moment of deja vu. I took a look in my art books and found what had sparked it - Sir George Clausen's 'In the early hours'.


I adore this vignette as I pretty much live it every single day.




Pre sunrise is always a magical time of day for me and remains one of the few upsides of being an insomniac who also happens to work as a journalist for a time zone some 11 hours ahead of her body clock!

Can you see why this painting strikes me so?




















No comments:

Post a Comment